Friday, October 14, 2011

Linen Pin Board

I have been eying the cute linen pinboards in all the major catalogs like Pottery Barn, Ballards, etc.
I've been looking for a cork board at thrift stores when my friend gave me a board that is cork like, for FREE! It was the perfect size being about 24" x 30".



I found some linen I liked for about $5. I ironed it up and laid my board on top of it.


I love the texture of linen.


I just hot glued it to the back. Pull tight!


I had bought and intended to put nail head trim around the whole perimeter of the board but I got it out of the package and hated it...it look super cheapy and not professional. SO I used the single nail head tacks that came in the package and did the corners.

I LOVE the finished product! I think it looks so beautiful and to me I think it looks like I bought it at Pottery Barn. I just need to attach a cream silk ribbon and hang it.


And another project that needs to be added to the list as a result of this project: Cute Tacks!

7 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

This is so pretty! I love the linen touch!

Donna

Natasha in Oz said...

That is a beautiful and very stylish pinboard! The linen is gorgeous.

I have posted a pink post to honour a very dear friend of mine who passed away this week from breast cancer. This October's pink ribbon campaign is now even more important and poignant than ever before for me. I sure do hope you will come visit.

Best wishes,
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

Stephanie said...

So simple and pretty!

Erin @ Stumbling Tongues said...

I love the look of linen pinboards, and this DIY version is gorgeous! I might have to give the pinboard above my desk a linen makeover too... Thanks for the inspiration!

michele said...

loving the simplicity and function of this piece!

found you and this lovely post via thegirlcreative and would love to have you visit the great giveaway i have at the moment!

http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/rachel-ashwell-on-creating-authentic.html

warmly.

michele

Alana Karl said...

really love this! so simple, but great!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have made something similar! Love the beauty of this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...