Friday, August 5, 2011

Rag Quilts

A rag quilt is a patch work quilt with the edges exposed on the outside of the quilt. 
They fray up and look super cute!
Here's some cute ones I found to show what the technique looks like.
 




 I bought fabric a couple weeks ago to make a rag quilt and I have started working on it.
It's Halloween colors/theme. I wanted to make sure it was done so I could use it for the whole month of October and not just the last week during Halloween.

Has anyone ever made a rag quilt? Got any tips? I would love to see some pictures if you have them!





3 comments:

The Beals said...

I have made a few. They are fun, just time consuming. The only thing I can say, is make sure all your squares are exactly the same. I had some that were off one one that I did, and I thought I could just wing it. It turned out fine, but isn't perfect..(the lines are way off on the back)... and it makes me crazy :) I have 2 here that I did if you want to see them.

Sandy said...

I have made them, and the best tip I can give you is to go to Joanns and buy a pair of Rag Quilt Snip scissors (preferably using your 40% off coupon!) They will save your hands, trust me!!

Julie Parnell said...

I'd love to see them 🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...