Monday, May 9, 2011

{The TinkerBell Party} Part 1

I was gone last weekend for 5 days traveling due to a family funeral.

When I got home I was left with FOUR days to get the Tinkerbell Party completely finished.

It was a little crazy and my family may or may not have suffered in the wake of all the Tulle and Scrapbook Paper and Stickers and Hot Glue. But luckily the next day was Mother's Day and I got a nice day off...kinda.

So OK, here is the rundown on the Tinkerbell Party.

 I made Tutu's for the girls. I bought rolls of Tulle at Hobby Lobby and just did a simple loop around some elastic and made the tutu's. They were probably around $5 each. The poster on the table was from a Dollar Store. Also...the Dollar store had paper Butterflies that I used as wings for the girls to wear, we just pinned them on to their shirts.













I used scrapbooking paper to cut out the paper bunting, used a paper punch and strung it on purple ribbon.

 I had the cupcakes done at a local bakery, Swirly Girls, but I made the toppers...scrapbook paper, and there was a package of chip board Tinkerbell stuff so I cut off her legs and glued her onto the toppers...I thought they turned out SO cute!







Read here for PART 2

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the party was a success for all. All looks grand! MOM

Mandi said...

This makes me sooooo excited to have a girl. Your pictures on your blog are looking great!

April said...

Everything looks absolutely amazing, you did a terrific job!

I love the cupcake toppers, they turned out beautifully.

May I ask how you made the tulle balls, I have not seen those before?

Katie said...

Visiting from DIY Showoff - such a cute party!! LOVE those cupcake toppers!

Kath said...

what a fun party! i love the tutus idea.

new follower!
kathryn
@ thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Joi Montrief said...

I love what you've done. I recently did a TinkerBell Party for my daughter as well. I would love it if you could check it out.
http://heckfridays.blogspot.com/2011/03/tinkerbell-birthday-party.html

P.S. I'm a new follower!

Unknown said...

This party is so CUTE! I love all the little detail. My daughter would have LOVED being at this party!!

I am a finalist in a huge room makeover giveaway. I would really appreciate it if you would take a moment and stop by and vote for me. I'm 3#. Thanks. Laura

http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-5-plead-their-case.html

Unknown said...

What a beautiful party! I love all of the ideas!

I would love to have you share this at my For the Kids link party! Stop by and join in on the fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

stevenjared0853 said...

Tinkerbell party! Sounds great. I am just so pleased to have these details here. My kids love animated themed so I will be using such themes for their birthdays. The little one will turn 6 soon and we will be booking some local New York venues for kid’s parties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...