Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fabric Mending Tape

I don't buy expensive jeans very often...almost never, I'm a Old Navy kinda girl, But I bought a expensive pair about 4 months ago...They came distressed a little but I was starting to get a hole in the knee...The pants are only 4 months old!! So I stopped wearing them so they wouldn't keep wearing out. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought Fabric Mending Tape! Different from a Fabric Patch...The patches are pretty thick and even though you put it on the inside of your clothes the edges would still be noticable through the clothes because it's such a thick patch....So when I was there I saw Mending Tape! It's very thin and light weight...So I'm trying it and I think it will be perfect.

 Outside of pants, wearing out in the knee
 
 Inside of Pants: Wearing in the knee
 Outside of Pants: wearing on the inside seam
 
 Inside of Pants: Wearing on the seam
 The pants came distressed a little but I don't want Holes!

 CHEAP solution!
 Mending Tape ironed on the pants
The hole on the seam with the mending tape on the inside of the jeans, can't see Anything!




3 comments:

Katie M. said...

This is good to know!! Thank you!!!

I have to say, that's why I own zero pairs of expensive jeans. really. Mine are all under 40 bucks and I keep it that way because I seem to always be putting holes in them, some mysterious reason?? But you have made a great discovery! Thank you for passing it on!

Tru said...

Visiting from Someday Crafts. Thanks for sharing about this great product.

ArtfullyJune said...

Great idea. I have a pair of jeans that I tried mending but it didn't last. I might have to check out this product so I can prevent holes in my now favorite pair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...